Purpose and Primary Focus of Position:
4-H Tech Wizards Mentor Coordinator is a temporary grant-funded position. The Project Coordinator will work with Milwaukee County 4-H Educator and the 4-H STEM Specialist to coordinate mentoring activities in an after-school environment. The primary duties of the 4-H Tech Wizards Mentor Coordinator are to assess and monitor individuals in an adult-youth mentoring relationship, facilitate the timely reporting requirements of the grant, and coordinate weekly meeting sessions. The person will work cooperatively to develop marketing materials (flyers, social media, web) for educational events and communicate with community partners.
The Project Coordinator must be able to communicate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds and have strong organizational skills. The Coordinator must be available to meet position responsibilities primarily in the afternoons, evenings, and some weekends with occasional day time hours.
Percent of Employment: 20 hours per week @ $13.50 per hour
Office Location: 6737 W. Washington Street, Ste. 2202, West Allis, WI 53214
Send cover letter and resume to Joanna Skluzacek at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-265-2949 with any questions about the application process. Applications are due by May 17, 2019.
Primary Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate and coordinate with the 4-H Youth Development Staff, community partners, parents and 4-H youth in planning and implementing the program. (50%)
- Use a variety of platforms to market educational events. (15%)
- Monitor, document, and report the effectiveness of program activities, including youth and adult participation numbers. (25%)
- Regularly contact mentors to provide support. (10%)
Other Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of cultural issues and dynamics in diverse ethnic communities.
- Build and maintain trust-based relationships in support of cooperative and respectful work environments.
- Be responsive to evolving position and organizational needs; perform additional duties, as needed.
- Make individual arrangements for transportation adequate to meet position responsibilities and essential job functions.
The Coordinator is accountable to the Milwaukee County 4-H Program Coordinator and the STEM Specialist on matters related to performance of job responsibilities. The STEM Specialist will serve as the direct supervisor to the Project Coordinator on matters of program implementation.
- Working knowledge of general computer applications, internet and social media use.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Experience working with young people.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
- Access to reliable transportation for daily travel.
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities desired:
- Volunteer or paid experience working with youth in non-formal educational environments.
- Ability to communicate and promote program details orally, in writing and through educational technology.
- Experience with recruiting adults to mentor young people.
As an affirmative action employer, UW-Extension provides equal opportunity in programs and employment. UW-Extension does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest record or non-program related conviction record. Employment is contingent upon establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.