We are hiring a 4-H STEM Extension Specialist to work out of our Milwaukee office!
4-H STEM Extension Specialist delivers research-based educational programming and services aligned with the position’s programmatic focus. Initial programming focus will include:
- Providing educational programs to youth on the topic of STEM (science, technology, engineering, math)
- Reaching and engaging diverse audiences in ways that are inclusive to ensure full access to programs, facilities, and educational services
- Developing and sustaining community partnerships that support programmatic outreach
4-H STEM Extension Specialist serves the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts that support thriving individuals and families, effective organizations, healthy and vibrant communities, and strong economies.
To get a complete job listing and to apply, visit the Jobs at UW website. Applications are open until July 16th at 11:55 PM
Minimum years and type of relevant work experience
- 2 years of relevant work or volunteer experience with youth, program delivery, coordination, teaching, etc.
- Work, volunteer or life experience with people or groups with limited income
- Experience effectively interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Ability to work cooperatively with other agencies, community-based services, or organizations
- Skills to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology
- Experience teaching STEM-based programs or lessons.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Volunteer or work experience related to youth development
- Experience in delivering educational programming to diverse audiences
- Experience managing multiple tasks, timelines, and schedules while maintaining a high quality of work
- Experience working effectively as a member of a workgroup or committee