Join Community Development Educator Patrick Nehring for a conversation series to discuss the management issues facing nonprofit organizations. Each conversation will have a guest presenter who will join Patrick and all attendees in informally sharing their knowledge through a facilitated discussion. As a local resource for nonprofit organizations, Extension Milwaukee County will facilitate the conversations to provide an opportunity for the leaders of local nonprofit organizations to learn from one another.
Registration is limited to 30 to provide participants with an interactive and confidential space to problem solve hard topics. Sessions will not be recorded.
When: 9:00-10:00 am on 8/3/21, 8/4/21, 8/24/21, 9/15/21, and 10/5/21
Where: On Zoom (The link will be sent after participants register)
Cost: $50.00/person to attend 3 or more sessions or each individual session $20/person.
How to register: Use this registration form. Once you receive a confirmation email send a check or money order made out to Extension MKE CTY to Extension Milwaukee County, c/o Erin Rivera, 6727 W Washington St, STE 2202, West Allis, WI 53214
Topics, dates, and guest discussants:
- Moved to August 4 – Finances and Budgeting – Join in a conversation on finances and budgeting with guest discussant Steve Zimmerman from Spectrum Nonprofit Services. We will talk about assessing your organization’s financial health and creating a budget that aligns with your strategic priorities.
- August 3 – Volunteer Development – Volunteers are important to accomplishing the mission of an organization and connecting to the community. Join our guest discussant will be from the United Way of Greater Milwaukee and Waukesha County to talk about volunteer engagement.
- August 24 – Conversation Topic Determined by the Participants – The Nonprofit Leader Conversations are an opportunity to talk with other nonprofit leaders about current management issues facing Milwaukee area nonprofits. The conversation topic for this day will be determined based on the needs and potential guest discussants identified by participants following the first two sessions.
- September 15 – Furthering Your Mission Through Advocacy – Advocacy is informing people and decision-makers about the work of your organization and the issues surrounding the mission of your organization and the people you serve. It can be an effective way of accomplishing the mission of the organization. Strategic Planning and Governance Consultant Frank Martinelli will be the guest discussant as we talk about strategically informing the public and decision-makers about the organization and what is needed to advance its mission.
- October 5 – Human Resources and Nonprofit Compensation – Guest discussant Bryce Lord from the UW-Milwaukee Hellen Bader Institute will join the conversation as we talk about human resources issues faced by nonprofit organizations. He will add to the conversation some of the results of a recent study of compensation and benefits offered by nonprofit organizations.