Our office has a new full-time position open! The Youth Outreach Community Worker position will be based in Milwaukee County. Our office is a part of the UW Madison Division of Extension, so the primary employer is UW- Madison. Apply for the Youth Outreach Community Worker position at the Jobs at UW website.
Extension Youth Outreach Community Worker
The Extension Youth Outreach Community Worker position will primarily serve youth in the City of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This position supports youth education outreach programs that include engaging volunteers, helping coordinate youth education events and experiences. The Extension Youth Outreach Community Worker delivers pre-designed curricula and services with the support of the 4-H/Youth Development Coordinator and Extension Milwaukee County team members. Initial programming focus will include:
- Contribute to the support of Youth Development educational programs primarily in the City of Milwaukee
- Support and coordinate the delivery of educational programming in a school/afterschool setting focused on creating access to Extension resources for youth and families.
The Extension Outreach Community Worker is an employee of the UW- Madison Division of Extension and a member of the Positive Youth Development Extension Institute, with a focus within the Wisconsin 4-H Extension Program.
Minimum years and type of relevant work experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent (Note: This position does not include a college degree)
- Ability to work with diverse audiences in the urban City of Milwaukee, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Ability to work cooperatively with other individuals, agencies, community-based services, or organizations to address educational needs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Skills to communicate effectively using a variety of methods and technology
Application deadline: August 5th, 11:55 PM